Tuesday 4 October 2011

Why bother blogging?

I've never been one for blogging before. Usually I hate it and avoid it like the plague! This is due to my complete distrust of the people on the internet. Why would I want to tell someone I can't see anything about be? Any why would anyone care in the first place?
While spending an hour in a hot, sweaty lecture theater, listening to a talk on Web 2.0 and how many different cultures have sprung up because of it. I began to wonder what any of this had to with me. Interspersed between the wonders of the web were comments and displays of how it can be used in classrooms and specifically, how blogging can improve a classes performance. 
This is all very good stuff but I don't actually know how a blog works or what to put in one, having no experience in blogging. So here I am trying my best to start and keep up a blog. After hearing how brilliant blogs are meant to be in education and how many resources there are through use of blogs I've decided to dabble in blogging myself. I have no wish to be left behind when this becomes a standard procedure in every classroom. Nor do I wish to miss out on all that information I have never really accessed due to my miss trust of blogs.  So there it is. This is why I shall start a blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment